skype wsh radom
rekrutacja online


Insurance and Medical Treatment, Emergency Assistance

All International students must have life and health insurance which is valid in Poland:

1) For EU citizen – at least Eurpean Health Insurance Card (EHIC)

Students from the European Union or European Economic Area are entitled to medical services on the basis of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which has replaced the old E111 form. It should be issued by a competent domestic authority before arrival to Poland.
The institution responsible for health care in Poland is the Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia (NFZ) – the National Health Fund.

To get treatment by a general practitioner (examination and consultation) you should go to a doctor who has a contract with the NFZ and show your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or a replacement certificate.
To get treatment by a specialist, such as an obstetrician, dentist, dermatologist, venereologist, oncologist, eye specialist or psychiatrist you do not need a referral. To go to any other specialist you need to go to a general practitioner first. In general we can say, that the standard treatment by a specialist who has a contract with the NFZ is free, but costs of above-standard services and materials have to be covered by the patient.

2) For non EU citizens- life and health insurance policy which ensure at least the following health care services:

  • emergency medical assistance costs;
  • treatment costs of growing chronic illness;
  • transport costs to the closest medical facility providing the Services mentioned above;
  • transportation costs to return the patient to his/her home country in the case of a serious illness or death.

The insurance policy shall be valid for a period not less than student’s residence permit validity in Poland. If the validity date of the policy expires during student’s stay in Poland, the existing policy shall be extended or a new policy shall be purchased.

Non EU citizens can get the above mentioned insurance policy at the local insurance companies.

Detailed information concerning health care in Poland can be found at:

In a case of emergency call 999 or 112

This website uses 'cookies' to give you the best, most relevant experience. Using this website means you are Ok with this.