OFFERS for PRACTICES AND INTERNSHIPS
Internships in European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA)
Founder: European Maritime Safety Agency
Deadline: 06-07-2015 r.
European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA) offers paid internships lasting from 3 to 5 months.
European Maritime Safety Agency aims to improve maritime safety by reducing the risk of maritime accidents, water pollution and loss of human life.
Internships in EMSA are an opportunity for:
- Learn the law on maritime security
- Get the practical experience and knowledge of everyday work of the Agency
- To put into practice the knowledge acquired during their studies
Practices usually start on March 1st and October 1st of each year. Trainees are appointed to a superior; they may participate in meetings, receive documents and perform tasks appropriate to their knowledge and experience.
Criteria for selection:
- Should come from the EU Member States, Iceland or Norway, but it is also possible to adopt a number of candidates from outside the EU
- They should hold a university bachelor degree certificate
- They should be fluent in English and demonstrate knowledge of a second language from EU Member State (for candidates from Member States)
- Trainees receive a monthly grant in the amount of 910.86 euros. Disabled may also receive an additional supplement, but not more than 50% of the grant.
- Apprentices may also receive reimbursement of travel expenses. The money will be paid out at the end of practice (at least three months).
Application deadline: July 6, 2015 (for practice beginning on October 1st 2015).
For more details please visit webpage.
European Maritime Safety Agency
European Maritime Safety Agenc Cais do Sodré 1249-206 LISBOA Portugal Phone.: +351 211209200 fax: +351 211209210
Rules Governing the Traineeship Scheme of EMSA