2nd degree Master’s Study
The idea of specialization:
Master’s degree in administration is intended to provide knowledge and skills to ensure future graduates success in the labor market. The study program is designed to meet the requirements for education in the era of Polish membership in the European Union. The main objective of the 2nd degree study is to provide students with the administrative skills and ability to act with respect to the law. Universal erudition and experience gained while studying on this specialization gives wide possibilities for a stable and well paid job to those with the Master’s degree in Administration. Classes are organized so the student is getting the necessary knowledge and skills of its efficient use and deepen. At the lectures delivered by leading academics, practitioners and international experts, students acquire general knowledge, while conversational classes are devoted to shaping skills; so that students acquire the ability to apply the law in the future work. Future administrators can also deepen their knowledge by active participation in the work of research groups at the Faculty of Legal Studies, e.g. on International and European Law or Constitutional Law, and by participation in classes conducted in foreign languages. In addition to the mandatory program of University organizes lectures run by well-known Polish and foreign teachers, symposiums, conferences and discussions, during which students have the opportunity to establish contacts with prominent personalities of the cultural and political life and gain new experiences, which can be helpful in developing the academic, professional or political career.
The program of study on the Administration has been developed based on an innovative combination of several disciplines, such as Administrative Law, Management, Functioning of institutions on Polish and the European Union’s market. In addition, students gain analytical and methodological skills that enable them to work with the respect to human rights and ethical and legal principles, they will be able to consciously and rationally evaluate, make the right decisions, solve problems independently, direct teams of co-workers, develop and implement programs and take creative initiatives. Apart from the knowledge that is required by the educational standards, future graduates will also acquire basic economic knowledge.
Specialization focuses on:
- On the functioning of the EU structural funds and operational programs and the ability to prepare and develop projects for the European Union or funded by the Unions Structural Funds
- understanding covering the Community system of legal protection especially in the relations: the Local Court – the Community Courts and the protection of individuals
- concerning the rules of the political system of the state and the history of constitutionally – administrative and socio – economic ideas
- based on the nature of the administrative judiciary and the course of the administrative proceedings
- On understanding the principles and processes of human resource management in public administration and organizations
- Of competition law, this allows the student to understand the current competition problems occurring in a market economy
- The scope of the criminal-taxation law, so they’re able to use the knowledge in practice
- On the sociology of organizations, this allows to make the analysis of organizational problems and to practically solve them
The result of education is to be learning on modern administrative law, knowing the principles and mechanisms of the economy and having the habits of systematic training and professional development. Such preparation will create the opportunities for executive positions in the civil service and independent work in government administration, administrative services, business entities, non-governmental institutions, special administration, cultural institutions, political parties, national institutions, representations of EU Member States and their authorities. In addition, the graduates will have a great opportunity to work in non-public institutions, such as banks and insurance companies and international companies. Studies also prepare Alumnus to run his own business in the EU market.