The concept of study on the specialization
The two-year Master’s degree studies in education, specializing in social prevention and rehabilitation allow the preparation of personnel to carry out educational and rehabilitation, socialization (protectively – education) and social rehabilitation initiatives, and to work in an open environment, as a family, judicial, professional curator, or street educator. The aim of the study is to prepare Students to work with juvenile and adult offenders, dysfunctional families, addicts and socially excluded.
Studies at this specialty trains in the following areas:
- Cultural Anthropology
- General Education
- Contemporary issues in psychology
- Contemporary issues in sociology
- Comparative Education
- Contemporary concepts in Philosophy and Ethics
- Rehabilitative Pedagogy
- Pathologies in the family
- Diagnosis of correctional education
- Rehabilitation in an open environment
- The methodology of work pf probation officer
- The legal basis for rehabilitation
- Criminological prevention
- Counseling in rehabilitation
- The methodology of correctional education
A very important element of the course of study is the proper implementation of the block of topics related to the specialty. They are both of a theoretical and practical nature. Theoretical subjects enable Students to get adequate knowledge of social rehabilitation and prevention while the practical items will equip graduates with the skills to carry out educational activities, teaching and counseling for people in need of social reintegration.
Appropriate educational, psychological and sociological preparation allows for working in government, NGOs and local government institutions dealing with social prevention and rehabilitation.
Graduates of pedagogy, specialty social prevention and rehabilitation have the following skills:
- Broad theoretical knowledge allowing for a proper understanding of the problems of the socially maladjusted, and the possibility of their rehabilitation,
- Ability to identify and diagnose specific problems in social functioning,
- Ability to apply various methods and techniques of social rehabilitation,
- Interpretation of social facts and the pedagogical situation,
- Making diagnoses relating to individuals, groups, communities,
- taking preventive actions, which counteract the formation of undesirable social phenomena,
- Ability to attractively organize free time.
Graduates will be prepared to work in special school and educational centers, socialization institutions (orphanages, day care centers) in treatment centers and clinics for drug addicts, social and educational assistance centers, social rehabilitation services (prisons, detention centers, shelters for minors), foster care, county and municipal family support centers, interventionist institutions (police, municipal police, crisis intervention centers), as well as the judiciary, as educators, counselors, legal guardian or mediator.