Framework of the faculty:
Students, who decide to choose this specialization, will gain knowledge in the field of information protection and information security, the protection of classified information, the rules for access to public information, IT security, as well as the security of networks and information. During his course of studies, they familiarize themselves with such issues as the security of networks and information, common security threats and state’s information networks and legal and technological aspects of security in cyberspace. They learn about institutions and organizations acting on the security of the network, informative and computing aspects of crisis management, methods of obtaining information about the risks, as well as threats to the security of information in organizations and institutions, and information security policy of the Republic of Poland. Graduates will be fully prepared to embark on a secondary level of studies (Master?s Degree).
Graduates of this faculty will gain knowledge of the following topics:
- Technical and physical security of computer systems
- computer networking technologies
- Legal basis for the protection of information
- Information resources and means to protect it
- Analysis, evaluation and risk management in informative systems
- Data protection in the network, logic, technology and cryptography
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) basics and practical solutions in communication systems
- Security and protection of ICT systems
- information security policy
- Organizational methods of risk management
- cryptographic protection of information
- IT security audit
Graduates of this faculty can find employment in the state administration agencies or local government units, state inspection units, law enforcement, or simply in Business’ sectors of information management and processing. They will be well prepared to work on managing positions in IT security inspections, banks, armed forces, state institutions and units committed to protecting and archiving of classified information and personal data, scientific institutions, Research & Development Departments and other entities that archive and protect classified information and personal data. Graduates will be able to work as board members responsible for the general and operational safety and for the safety of the systems processing personal data and financial and accounting information, as IT department staff, management personnel responsible for the organization of the ICT support structures, administrators of the systems that process personal data and finance and accounting information, or IT security inspectors, internal audit staff responsible for the control of IT security.