Draft of Specialization
Specialty intellectual property law is designed to teach students about complex subject of the intellectual property, copyright or related rights such as the Patent Rights, trademark, commercialized personal rights or protection against unfair competition. Except for civil law grounds of intangibles, the program also takes into account specialty of criminal law and tax aspects of intellectual property. This specialization also includes proceedings related to the formation and protection of individual rights to intangible assets, as well as the differences of the proceedings at the civil and administrative courts. During the course of study student’s focus also on the current problems including those related to the expansion of new technologies.
Specialization focuses on:
- Polish intellectual property protection,
- International protection of intellectual property,
- European intellectual property protection,
- Procedures for the registration of trademarks, patents, industrial designs and geographical indications
- Unfair competition law (including the advertising law).
Graduates will become desirable lawyers in the field of intellectual property protection. This knowledge will help to work on positions related to the use of such intellectual property rights as: lawyers in record companies or producers of audiovisual media, advertising agencies, pharmaceutical companies or the like.